Dec 16, 2021

Red Rose Flower Bouquet Cane - polymer clay complex cane by Ronit Golan


 It just happened, another complex cane, a bouquet flower cane, I just couldn't stop adding flowers and details all around the red rose, and now when I look at it, it is so festive and Christmassy, so it is the best time of year to wish you all a Happy Christmas and Happy Holidays.

This cane was huge compared to the canes I usually make, its weight, before the reduction, was 750 gr / 26.5 ounces, yes yes heavy, for me anyway. In these photos you can see the building process, I've placed the cane on my hand so you can see its size. 





There is no doubt that reducing this cane is a serious challenge. I have been asked many times how long it takes me to reduce a cylinder of this size. This time I did not check times, but I can estimate by comparison to a similar flower bouquet cane I made, so I guess it took me about half an hour to reduce it to its first cut. Of course I've continued to reduce to the desired size.


You can watch how I reduce a big cane in this video.





You can find this cane at my Etsy HERE











No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10